Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Blossom Sunday

Will they last?  Will the orchards still be dressed in glorious colour by Mothers' Day?  The tulips have mostly faded already, the daffodils are hanging on, barely, and the magnolia trees are dropping petals like rain drops.  My kiddos are arriving from winter in Alberta this Sunday and I so want them to see the splendour of our Ontario Spring!



These trees are not in my yard, so I can enjoy their beauty without having to deal with the mess.


Pink and blue forget-me-nots...one of my favs.

The ubiquitous violet.  Always a first runner come Springtime.

The official flower of Ontario...ta da...the Trillium!

It's rather damp today, even though we were tantalized with a lovely sunset last night.  (I count on sunny days after fiery sunsets.)  Still, the blossoms look good with a little rain drop adorning them here and there, don't you think?

I'm still waiting on the Lilly-of-the-Valley, but in the meantime, even Dandelions look good in the rain.

How are your gardens coming along?  Will you have a display for Blossom Sunday?


No comments: