Friday, October 25, 2013

Why Don't You Be More Careful When You Know You Are So Sloppy?

Thanksgiving was a total success.  All the kids came from out west.  I was completely organized.  I had lists and timelines, which I followed meticulously.  The turkey was delicious, the stuffing superb, the Pumpkin Pie and Whipped Cream didn't last more than one day!  Everything was perfect...

...until...after the feast.

Everyone lent a helping hand.  Clean-up went smoothly, in a timely fashion.  That's when it happened.  A two cup bowl of turkey grease fell down my front.  The bib apron I was wearing took most of it, but the skirt of my brand new dress was longer than the apron.  Thankfully I had ditched my high heels hours before.  Squeals and shrieks amid the laughter and tears.  What a colossal mess!  The apron and stockings went into the trash with the paper towels.  The dress went for professional attention.

And so, I needed a new apron.  Maybe three, just in case.





When I broke my toe running bare foot, Dad asked me, in a very condescending tone, "Why don't you be more careful when you know you are so sloppy?"  It has become the go-to-line for every similar event.

No comments: