Friday, February 26, 2010

I'm Back


"Let the bells ring and the banners fly; it's too good to be true, but I'm here.  I'm here! 
a la Daffy Duck and my brother, Bruce.

Ah yes!  Back in Nassau:  the city of sunshine, palm trees, unrelenting traffic, sirens, dust, ferral dogs and NO SNOW.  We took off from Toronto airport in a raging blizzard and arrived to a Bahamian cold front with 30 knots of wind.  Mother Nature has my best interests at heart, I'm sure.  She is protecting my fragile psyche from extreme change, one climate and one life style for another, gradually re-introducing me to the world of being "expat".

Leaving behind the country of one's birth, just at its moment of glory, is almost unpatriotic--almost, but not quite.  O, Canada!  Four Olympic medals in one day, the very best men's hockey game in recent history, baby boys being born faster and in greater numbers than bunny rabbits and the hoopla associated with the anticipation of an early spring.  Have you been hearing those cardinals singing their little hearts out lately? 

Buz told the customs official that he would be visiting the Bahamas for a month.  I made it official that Nelson and I plan to stay through April.  You will spot me wearing my Canadian Woman's Olympic Hockey hat, running my dog on the beaches.  Visitors welcome.

Last Friday, I was too busy being captivated by my sweethearts in the Rockies to participate in Follow Me Friday.  Well, I'm back to the boat and back to the blogging world.  What an amazing place to visit.  I am meeting new friends from as far away as Germany and Malaysia and getting insights into life from different points of view.  Come join in the fun.  Follow me and I will follow you back.




MckLinky Blog Hop


MckLinky Blog Hop

14 comments:

Danielle said...

Happy Friday Follow! I'm following you and hope you'll stop by and follow my blog too!

http://yelliepooh.blogspot.com

Stacie said...

I would so love to be in the Bahamas right now. I am so jealous it's cold here! I am already following. Happy Friday Follow.

le Chef said...

I agree, boredom is a choice.
Are you as cold there as we are here in Florida?
New friday follower.

Unknown said...

Hey Girls! Thanx for the welcome back. Distinctly cool and very windy yesterday, but warm and sunny today. We washed the boat and began the reprovisioning before our next guests arrive tomorrow. Next front to arrive late tomorrow.

Jules AF said...

I want to be in the Bahamas... Meh. Following you back!

(Tia's) Comfy Place said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm excited to get to know you through your blog! Have a wonderful weekend!! :o)

Be sure to stop back by and register for my UNbirthday giveaway! It closes on the 2nd!

joeandbridge said...

Hi There! I'm a new follower from Friday Follow! Hope you can come visit my blog!
Have a great weekend!

Bridgette Groschen
The Groschen Goblins
http://www.groschengoblins.blogspot.com/

Sara said...

Thank you for follwoing me. I am now your newest follower. Your blog is so neat and I am looking forward to read more

Crimsonfirestudios said...

Thanks for coming by and for following me. Thank you for commenting about my Grandma. It has been one month now and my mom is having a hard time. She called her mother almost everyday. OMG your boat or yacht is beautiful!! I love the ocean! Happy Saturday!

Unknown said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm following back! Can I live through you vicariously? Your life at sea looks fun!

SquirrelQueen said...

I would love to be in the Bahamas right now, no snow here I just like the beach. Thanks for stopping by my blog, I am following you as well. I look forward to reading more of your post.

Kelly's Lucky You said...

I'm a day late.... Happy Saturday-Friday Follow, hehehe. Yes, I'm that girlfriend that's always late and then borrows money for lunch. But you love me anyway because I make you laugh.

Thanks for giving me a few moments of beach-y-ness. I loved it!

Kelly from Kelly's Lucky You
www.kellysluckyyou.blogspot.com

Erin said...

How fun to be in the Bahamas! I'm following from Friday Follow. Hope you'll stop in soon.

www.erinamundsen.blogspot.com

Darcy said...

following you from FF! Have a great week!

justanightowl.com