Monday, June 14, 2010

Dinner Time for Ravagers


I've been away.  Have you noticed???  Twelve days with no computer, no carpel tunnel, no burning eyes, no blog hopping.  Life is exciting when one gets involved and then there is more to talk about too. 

Last night I checked in on the babies.  Snug as three robins can be, tucked into their nest with Mama Robin close by keeping watch.  I knew the eggs would have hatched in my absence and I was anxious to see how things were progressing.


Can you see three beaks?  Three little heads.  Patiently waiting for the next meal to arrive.

This afternoon, I thought I could get a shot of them with their mouths open begging for worms.  Look what I found!


What happened??!!




Oooooooh.  I know it's natures way, but this is still so sad.  What a welcome home.


8 comments:

Liz Mays said...

That just made my heart ache. I'm so sad for those little birdies. :(

Anonymous said...

Oh how horrible...I was thinking you had a picture with their mouths open. wow. Well, it's like you said, it's nature and sometimes nature's seems unkind. Glad to see you made it home safe.

Haupi
http://hauplight.blogspot.com/

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

That is just awful, poor little birdies. Wonder what got them? Such a shame....

Britta said...

Poor bird! :(

We didn't miss Central Park :) I loved it, it's so fascinating when you're there and suddenly don't hear any traffic noise!
The whole trip was awesome! I'm a little behind with editing pictures but I'll blog about the rest little by little :)
Hope you have a nice day! xo

Anonymous said...

I'll admit it. It was my cat.

Traci66 said...

Thank you for joining Follow Me 40 and over. I am now following you. I hope you will come see me at http://traci66.blogspot.com

•°°• IcyBC •°°• said...

That is a sad sight to see! Poor babies..

Chef Dennis Littley said...

we had some baby birds by our house, 4 of them ...one kept falling out and I had to keep putting him back.....they all seemed to do ok, and all flew away.....nature is incredible.