Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day's Done

Welcome to the interactive blog of the day.  As you read, you have to sing the words to Taps and imagine a bugle playing soulfully in the background.   Ready?  Here we go.....

Day's done....


Gone the sun...

 

From the hills,



From the lakes,


From the skies.


All is well,


Safely rest.


God is nigh.


End of song.  A new beginning has begun...
The sun has set on my winter in the Bahamas.  Steadfast has gone to rest in Stuart, Florida for the next two seasons, and I have gone home to Canada.  A 30 degree temperature adjustment has been in order, but the sun has made its appearance, the daffodils are up, and Sonny boy  has mowed the back lawn.  Life is good.

Stay tuned for more adventures in the life of a landlocked sailor for the next two seasons.


What's up in your world?  Do you have plans for the spring and summer seasons?  Lots going on landside for me:  visit to Western Canada (travel-log posts upcoming), a summer wedding (mother-of-the-bride posts to look forward to), a family reunion (August-in-Maine posts in the offing) and general life on-the-hard musings and photos (now that Blogger has miraculously allowed me to resume posting them)!!!   I hope you will continue to be loyal followers and encourage me in my writing endeavours.  For my part, I will try my hardest to offer entertaining and informative blogs of note.  If you have trouble with that, it's "only" another 8 months until Steadfast resumes her sea voyages, adventures, palm trees, sunsets and seascapes.

He is Risen.
Happy Easter. 

3 comments:

Liz Mays said...

I feel sad that your time in the Bahamas has ended, but I have no doubt you'll have plenty of adventures while you're home.

I hope your Easter was fabulous!

Roy and Christine said...

What absolutely stunning photos! Such a mix of feelings. Can empathize. When we left Hawaii and thought we'd not be back I cried. So hard to leave such beauty. Still, always good to go home.

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

Beautiful photos. Just breathtaking. My day is now complete, and yes, I will still be a loyal follower. I love your posts and photos and adventures be they at home or in the Bahamas. It sounds like you will be the mother of the bride? Me too! Come November my 2nd oldest is getting married. I haven't even blogged about it yet. Can't wait to see how you do it - hopefully, I'll get some ideas. Blessings from San Diego, Tia.