Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Life, Death and Somewhere In-Between

The delirious joy of seeing babies in my babies' arms,
the puzzlement and loss when a parent passes--
These are weightless trifles compared to the cataclysm of a spouse suddenly camping at heaven's gates.

Events over the past two weeks have carried us to the clouds with happiness and
plunged us into the frigid waters of poisonous fear.

Anniversary parties with extended family one weekend,
death of a Father the next.

A close friend hospitalized with stroke, juxtaposed with Thanksgiving Celebrations,
and now...
a brain injury fells one of our strongest and most stalwart members!

The family is reeling.  There seems to be no rhyme nor reason in all this, no choreographed plan.  Chaos is bouncing us like ping pong balls in dizzying directions, careening us off cement walls, dropping us off precipitous cliffs.

What's next?

Life carries noisily on, filling up the spaces, while what's important distills on the inside:

Loving,

Belonging,

Knowing,

Hoping,

Praying,

Believing.

 


15 comments:

Rochelle@AFamilyofLooneys said...

I am sorry. Sending you (((hugs)))

grey rose (they/them) said...

praying for you! xo

Southhamsdarling said...

Oh, I'm so very sorry about the bad things. Hugs to you. Strangely enough, my post is all about this sort of thing today, and how we should always tell our family and friends just how much they mean to us, because we never know when they will no longer be with us.

betty said...

So sorry for all the sad events with family and friends. Always so hard when it is around the holidays too. Trusting and praying and comforting as you can is the best we can do when life is reeling like this and treasuring each and every moment with our loved ones as we can, again I am so sorry it is such a tough time for you all!

betty

Roy and Christine said...

Praying for you and your family.

Sush said...

Oh I am sending prayers and wishes for comfort for you and yours...
Much love~

Empty Nester said...

I'm so sorry Rosemary. I'm sending hugs your way. And remembering your family in my prayers.

Veronica Lee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Veronica Lee said...

I'm so sorry about the bad news. Sending you lots of prayers and hugs.....

Jamie said...

Ahhh Rosemary... The circle of life. As joyous as it is painful.
I am truly sorry for your loss.

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

Rosemary, I'm so very sorry to find this sad news here. Please accept my deepest condolences for your loss and my prayers for the strength of your family.

Jennifer Farris said...

I am so very sorry. Praying your family finds strength in the days ahead.

Tami said...

Praying for God's strength and peace for you in the midst of whatever is going on.

Lucy said...

I am so sorry to hear you are going through so much pain while you seem to be trying to find some of the joys in life to help you through the tough times it is still very hard. As I read your heartfelt post I thought of you and I am hoping you are feeling some strength from your loved ones.

Pat Tillett said...

that's terrible! I'm very sorry, not just because of the time period, but anytime. When these happen, everything and everyone gets thrown for a loop.