Monday, December 3, 2012

In The Dark

We greeted our first REAL snow fall with joy!  Our house was cozy and warm, a white blanket muffling the outside world.  It was starting to feel like Christmas.

And then...

the power went out.

Because I had prepared for Hurricane Sandy several weeks ago, we made a smooth transition from watching TV to reading in bed, complete with candles and flashlights.

Here is my offering for Black and Whites at Like Christmas Everyday.
Second Place Winner.
Please click on the photo to enlarge :)


What do you do when the power cuts out?  Are you prepared???

6 comments:

Leovi said...

Nice picture, exquisite composition of light and shadow in B & W. Greetings.

Southhamsdarling said...

Love the black & white photo Rosemary, and thank heavens you were prepared for the black-out! Lovely to have the snow, and I'm glad you were nice and snug inside, snuggled up in bed and able to read!

Unknown said...

Nice picture! If I know the power might go out I make sure my ereader is charged so I can read.

Unknown said...

Nice shot! (I'm glad you got your photos working!)

Christina Morley said...

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment on 1camera1mom. I'm now following you back with Twitter and GFC. I love this photo of reading in the dark and it's great that you were so well prepared! I also really enjoyed reading your intro to the name, "Steadfast."

Our ministry is more online as of this year. We have a website and FB page. We post all of our latest Christian stuff on FB at https://www.facebook.com/lightandlifebibleministries

Veronica Lee said...

Awesome shot, Rosemary!