Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Bahamas, here we come!




If you have just spent the last 38 days in -40 degree weather, huddling around hearths, ovens and coffee pots seeking any random warmth, you will have some small inkling of just how stoked I am to be heading to the islands in just 1 more day. Nelson, who never got the hang of keeping mittens on his feet in said 38 days, is also going to be thrilled to land in a new climate. Here are a few frigid images to show what I am leaving behind.  Yes, very nice images except for the fact that I nearly froze to death getting them.




A frosty sunset and a snow angel in Cochrane.




Now here is a photo from indoors, not cold at all, warming the cockles of my heart.  This is Baby Arnold that I am tearing myself away from.  My baby girl has a baby boy!  How surreal and miraculous.






Finally, more things I'm planning on leaving behind...chocolate, cookies, sweets of any and every kind.  Every one of those 8 lost pounds found their way back onto my middle region.  Now that I won't be hiding my girth with coats, scarves, hats, mitts, boots and heating pads, I will need to deprive my cravings.  It's not going to be pretty when I squeeze myself into that bathing suit next week.
So, what do you think?  Have I improved?  How's the spelling (considering I haven't found the spellcheck icon yet)?  Are you impressed with the "inserted images"?  I was able to make a "comment" today...it seems to be working for me.  Give it a try and let me know you're out there in the nether world of techno-wizardry.  The only frosty thing about the next update will be the ice cubes in my glass of Crystal Lite.   Don't freeze during your New Year Celebrations.  I'll talk to you soon. Have a Happy and Safe Holiday.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY GReat job!

Unknown said...

NIce photo of the tree. Gorgeous sky. Alot to leave behind, alot instore in the bahamas. Niels is making me dinner. He'll comment on your next post. love you, CN