Friday, July 2, 2010

Delightful, Dizzy Daisies

Kids are out of school.
Carnival is in town.
Daisies are in bloom.



It's Summer!

Daisies have perennially personified summer for me.  Every summer vacation, driving along the highways and byways, I would long to pull over and pick huge bouquets of these ubiquitous flowers.  On the occasions that I have managed a few sprigs, they have died, or smelled up the house quickly.  Remember hanging daisy chains around your neck, or wearing them in your hair like a crown? 



My garden now boasts several varieties of daisies:  Shasta Daisy, Purple Cone Flower, Brown-Eye Susans.  I only have these to show you today however. 


Welcome to my Summertime Friday Followers.  Enjoy the season, and don't forget to stop and smell the flowers.

Post a Comment