Friday, May 6, 2011

Spring Has Sprung

Sheer curtains billow and flutter at the open window of my bedroom, inviting me to dance into the new day.  As I peer down into the back garden, yellow, pink and red tulips turn their happy faces my way.  Celebrating life, they chorus
 -Come join this glorious day.  It's spring!  Everything is coming alive.





The bane of green lawn worshippers...the ubiquitous dandilion.



The trilliums are just opening.  The Provincial Flower of Ontario, they are protected by law and not allowed to be picked.





I am now buying the biggest size bag of Thistle Seed available to keep up with this feeding frenzy.

How is spring coming along in your neck of the woods?


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, in my neck of the woods everything is popping up from underground! Crocusses, tulips and lots others--bleeding heart bushes, poppies, lilies! FUN! Can't see what any of it looks like at the moment however, and i still do have clumps of snow. Ugh.

Maybe it'll all be open by the time you're here??

The Goldfinches should come along soon--- and we have an unnamed bird hanging out in our pond. Been on the hunt for his 'name', but so far to no avail.

Karen Mortensen said...

Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous spring you have there!! Hope you have a wonderful mother's Day!!!

Liz Mays said...

You just reminded me that my little finches loved that thistle. I need to buy that kind of feeder again. I'm only getting bigger birds on this mix I have now. :(

•°°• IcyBC •°°• said...

We finally have some tulips and daffodils, but the squirrels love them and ate them!

Happy Mother's Day!

Pat Tillett said...

Spring has certainly sprung! but it almost always feels like spring here. Another great group of photos! Love those birds!
I hope you had a nice Mother's Day!

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

It's raining, waaaaaaaaa.