Saturday, December 3, 2011

Some Things Are Too Good Not To Share


The older we get, the more important safety becomes, and so it is with a sigh of relief, we welcome the Ontario Government's Reduce Impaired Driving Everywhere (RIDE) program, rolling into full swing at the start of the holiday season.

Experiences with  drinking and driving can get you in hot water faster than  you can say, "But, Osscifffffer, I only had one!"  As we well know, brushes with the authorities on our way home from the odd social session over the years is never pretty.

Well, I actually did something about it:

A couple of nights ago, I was out for a few drinks with some Palm Springs friends and had a few too many whiskeys as well as champagne.  Knowing full-well I may have ben "slightly" over the limit, I did something I've never done before--I took a bus home.

 I arrived back safely and without incident, which was a real surprise because I had never driven a bus before.





Post a Comment