Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Facinator

I told people I was going to wear a hat, a feathered head dress, an adornment on my head...whatever.  

Turns out it's really called a "Facinator". 
Who knew? 

They're all the rage in Europe, so I've heard.  It was definitely a hit last night, as different people took turns wearing it.  I bet we'll see more and more of these cutsie things as the fad catches on.

Love this dress.  First of all, I got it at Winners (similar to TJ Max in the States) which means it was extremely reasonable in price.  Then, with a homemade crinoline, it got all swishy and swirly...great for dancing.

For those of us with a shoe fetish, these are the very best.  I pull them out on State and Holy occasions.

The celebration was in honour of a 25th wedding anniversary of good friends.  There was much feasting, red wine, chocolate, speeches, pranks and general hilarity--a good time was had by all.

Don't you just love to dress up?  What about dancing?  Do you?  Does your partner?

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Rosemary you look GORGEOUS!!!
Love the shoes and love the dress!

Jamie said...

Wow Rosemary, you look stunning!

Pat Tillett said...

If I knew how to do a loud piercing wolf whistle, I would!

Matty said...

Looking good. We don't dress up often, but we do love to dance.

Veronica Lee said...

Haba! Haba! Rosemary, you look DROP-DEAD BEAUTIFUL!

I love to dress up too but dancing? Nah, I have 2 left feet!!

Unknown said...

You look fabulous! I love swishy swirly dresses!

Unknown said...

Mum, You are so beautiful. I like your style. You know I bet Grama Marg would like these pictures too. You should send her them. See you in 6 Days! Can't wait!
CN

Liz Mays said...

Oh good gosh, you look sensational and those shoes are amazing!

Copyboy said...

Hottie caliber!!!

Anonymous said...

You look fabulous, oh my gracious!!! And I absolutely love your little facinator hat thingy - and your shoes with the little bows in the back are to die for! State and Holy occasions are the only occaions worthy of this hot outfit. I know you tripped the lights fantastic in that dress. Work it out baby girl, you looked great!

Unknown said...

You need to go hit a runway somewhere and model that whole ensemble. Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Helloooo gorgeous! Whoo hoo you look fantastic!

Velvet Over Steel said...

You look awesome, Rosemary!!! I loved the hat, dress & shoes are the cutest!!!!

I love dancing, but no partner right now. Praying about that. lol

So glad you had a great evening!!
Hugs,
Coreen

Megan said...

That is so pretty! And I am in LOVE with those shoes!

I am new to your blog and following you. I would love if you stopped by my blog and followed me.

Blessings,
Maggie
www.foreverfindingmybliss.blogspot.com

le Chef said...

Adore the shoes girlie! And that dress is to die for; glad you had a wonderful time. :)

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

Love the whole outfit. You look beautiful!

I love to dress up, my hubs not so much and being full time mom doesn't give me many opportunities. Well, maybe one day,lol.

rite said...

Gorgeous!!!! Love your shoes and the dress!!!
I tagged you in my post today!!!

Have a great week

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

My, don't you look sassy and fabulous. Love the dress! It reminds me of my daughter when she was a little girl. She would always beg me for a "twirly" dress. Turns out it was just the kind you are wearing in the picture. Your shoes are really cute too. You must have had a great time on the dance floor that night!