Saturday, October 6, 2012

Canadian Thanksgiving

Is my mind degenerating faster than I thought?  Is it that I'm out of practice in the kitchen?  Or is it with all the noise and interruptions I am not concentrating properly?  After three trips to the grocery stores and the corner store for essential ingredients for the holiday feast, my mind's eye suddenly pictured me forgetting to put the "dots of butter" under the top crust of the apple pie now in the oven.


Looks like we'll be having Not-So-Good pie for dessert tonight so I can make a Better one for guests tomorrow.






Children, Grandchildren, a full and happy house--I am so thankful.


4 comments:

Tami said...

I think the not-so-good pie looks pretty good! A house full of familt and friends is a true reason for Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!!! Gorgeous family! So, wonderful!

Pat Tillett said...

With, or without the dots of butter, good apple pie is one of my favorites! This one looks awesome!

Veronica Lee said...

Yep, it looks scrummy! Did you see the crostata I made?!!!

My first attempt - http://ofmiceandramen.blogspot.com/2012/10/i-made-this.html