Monday, April 12, 2010

Two Amazing Things Happened to Me Today.

I took Nelson to the beach and as there were
a) no people and
b) no other dogs there,
I let Mr.Loves-to-Run trail his leash chasing ducks, geese, sticks and anything else I could find to throw for him.


We did the whole thing in one direction and then we did it again in the other.  Wonderful!  You do remember how much he LOVES the beach?  Why was no one there today?  Were we unusually early?  Hubby did wake me up at the delightful hour of 5 am.

Well number one amazing thing is:  I collected a pocketful of beach glass.  Who knew?  I'm on Lake Ontario now, not the ocean, and there's an abundant (relatively speaking) supply of colourful glass fragments worn smooth by the water and sand right here in my own back yard.



The stash of necklaces and earrings I make with this sort of thing has all been given away right now, so no photo.  Just imagine. 

Number two amazement came while I was shopping at "Winners".  A complete stranger came up to me and commented on my grey hair.

"You're an inspiration" she enthused.

She liked the colour.  She liked the cut.  She liked that I was brave enough to take the plunge.  She totally blew me away.  It's still so new to me that I was very flattered by her remarks.  I need all the affirmation I can get.  Amazing!!!


I remember doing the same thing to others when I was still too chicken to make the move and stop dying my hair.  It wasn't as hard to do as I thought it was going to be and I love that I am saving over $100.00 a month at the salon.  Come on in, Girls, the styling is easy.

What amazing things have you found lately?
Has anyone said anything amazing to you in the last little while?



ps. Is there someone out there who can help me get a widget for a signature.  This photo insert is hokey.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Here is the link i used to make mine...

http://www.mylivesignature.com/

It isn't that hard...but good luck anyhow!

PS--i love the gray! love love it!

Veronica Lee said...

I totally love the grey hair!!

You are beautiful!!

Christy said...

Your hair looks completely lovely! Those glasses pieces are so cool and I bet the jewelry you make is pretty as well! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

Debbie said...

I love beach glass, it's so beautiful! And your hair looks great. Here in Israel it seems that every woman who turns 45 gets her hair cut really short and dyes it purple or blond. I can't wait! I love how short, gray hair looks, too. So classy :)

Unknown said...

I like your do and color! I stopped coloring mine...actually I only colored it for about a year and then decided it was too much hassle and too much work! I don't know how you found my blog with so many on the FF list!!!!