Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Black and White Wednesday

Sis and I drove to the ancient, still working fishing village of Stonington, Maine last week.  It's about a 40 minute ride from the Cape and made a great spot for a lunch outing.

This little village on the point of Deer Isle, is a photographer's paradise.  Every time I blinked, there was something else to "shoot":  gardens, fishing shacks, piled up lobster traps, houses built on bedrock.  

Enroute, we stopped at Caterpiller Hill Lookout to enjoy the view and pick a handful of blueberries.  Being a seasonal resident here in Down East Maine lets me see the same old things in new ways every time I come back.  I have probably shot this harbour more times that I can count, but there is always something new to see.

As I post today's B&W photo, I am not entirely happy with the poor depth-of-field.  Thinking back on it, I realize I should have changed the settings and gone for a higher f stop.  Ah well,  next time.
Still, I like the sky and the weathered look of the wood.


The ubiquitous Adirondack chair.

Here she sits, 
weathered by the elements, 
inviting us to rest and take in a peaceful view of the harbour.

What do you use to rest and relax on your back deck?  
A hammock?
A swing?
A lounge chair?

Have you stopped by Like Christmas Every Day to see the other B&W's on display?  It's definitely worth the visit.
This week, there is a family wedding over at the North Pole and so the B&W's are waiting until next week.  I'm just in such a rut, I have to keep going no matter what. 
 hahaha

1 comment:

Pat Tillett said...

Sometimes a clear depth of field can distract from the main subject. Right?
In this case, the chair is clearly the focal point of the photo. And a beautiful photo it is! In fact, I'd like to be sitting in it at this very moment...