Friday, September 24, 2010

Demolition Derby

I'm camping in my dining room!

I can see the basement bedroom thru the hole in the kitchen floor!

Cough, sneeze, choke....dust, smoke, alarms.

Open doors to let smoke out, bring in flies and loose the dog.

Telephone is ringing off the hook as every trade in the construction industry is trying to communicate with each other, and Hubby's home office is vying for talk time. 

The truck scheduled to pick up my bags and boxes of purged junk is late, not coming today, rescheduled.
Haul the stuff out to the curb, haul it back.  It's going to rain.

In all the noise and confusion (can you hear the drills, electric saws, jack hammers?) I am escaping to the web.  It's quite there, entertaining and fun.  Friday Follows are welcome here this week.  Perhaps I will meet new friends, good writers, great photographers, people who can teach me things, or people I can help.  If your blog is all about selling things, count me out.  To be honest, I will not follow back.  My favorite blogs to follow are the ones that talk about life. 

Welcome aboard Steadfast!  Make yourself at home and visit often.  Once the holidays are over, we'll get underway, cross the Gulf Stream and cruise the waters of the Bahamas.  Bring your life jacket and a fishing rod.  The wine's on me.


11 comments:

Menopausal New Mom said...

Wow! Sounds like you have your hands full, never a dull moment is there. Hope you have a more quiet weekend :)

I'm planning on one, FINALLY!!!!! Last of our company from this summer is leaving today. I'm doing a little happy dance as I write and hoping I don't get caught Lol!
Deb

CMash said...

Hi..New follower via hop. You can find me here;
CMash

Unknown said...

Happy Friday! I hope you get a quiet weekend. Those are the best sometimes!

Unknown said...

That photo represents the BEST vacation! Ah...hold that memory close by whilst your house is being destroyed!

I cannot wait to see it at Xmas!!

Candace said...

Your life is so interesting and your blog reflects that! I'm with you on the selling and giveaway blogs. I enjoy the blogs with content...and yours has that. Thank you for sharing with us! Have a great weekend, Candace

Anonymous said...

Wow, home the construction goes smoothly and ends quickly.

Tami said...

Just the photos on your blog make a land-locked lady so jealous! Found you at the Follow Friday hop. Your blog is beautiful - can't wait to see what's up next.

Dogmom Diva said...

So glad you stopped by to say hi, you certainly have your hands full..I love the water and the Bahamas, so jealous!

Barb

Veronica Lee said...

Love the pic. Makes us landlubbers green with envy!!

Wish I could be aboard when the Steadfast sails again.

Blessings to you, sweet Rosemary!

MollyinMinn said...

Sign me up. Sounds great to me...well at least the part where you leave and you have wine :)

Pat Tillett said...

Sign me up!
I'm ready for another adventure.
This post makes me non-so-fondly recall sleeping on a mattress in our plastic shrouded dining room while looking at the stars through the then gone roof and ceiling....